Advocacy Tools and Resources
Volunteers from all over the country can learn how to advocate on behalf of the 3.1 million Americans with inflammatory bowel disease. This is your one stop shop for the handouts and resources that can help you be a successful advocate, including the advocacy toolkit.
- 2019 Federal Advocacy Priorities - share these with members and staff in the U.S. Congress to explain what they can do to help
- Foundation's Healthcare Reform Position Statement
- Congressional Crohn's and Colitis Caucus - list of Caucus members
- 2019 Advocacy Roadmap - basic advocacy instructions with monthly activities for volunteers
- Legislative Contacts Tracker
- 2018 Healthcare Reform Brief
- Telling Your Story to Effect Change
- How to make a legislative visit
- Find information about your legislators
Forms and Templates
These resources are being updated for August 2019 and are coming soon!
- Feedback form - email to firstname.lastname@example.org after your meetings with legislators to enable the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation to follow up
- Template Thank You Notes/Calls - for follow up after your meetings
Letters and Other Information
- Texas v. HHS Amicus Brief - April 2019
- Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) statement for the record on our 50th anniversary
- Senate Fiscal Year 2020 DOD IBD Letter - to include IBD in the DOD Peer Reviewed Medical Research Program
This toolkit is a “how to” guide to teach you:
- Important tips when emailing your legislators
- Insight on setting up a visit with you legislators
- Helpful guidelines with key speaking points
With a growing number of Americans suffering from inflammatory bowel disease, it is critical that your voices are heard. Now you can be an advocate wherever you go!
This toolkit can be downloaded here or you can contact your local chapter to find advocacy trainings in your area. Make sure to download Advocacy Priorities as well! Questions? Contact email@example.com.
For further information, call Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's IBD Help Center: 888.MY.GUT.PAIN (888.694.8872).
The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation provides information for educational purposes only. We encourage you to review this educational material with your health care professional. The Foundation does not provide medical or other health care opinions or services. The inclusion of another organization's resources or referral to another organization does not represent an endorsement of a particular individual, group, company or product.
About this resource
Published: March 19, 2013
File: 1.09 MB